Reimagining our local food industry as the catalyst for nourishing communities in crisis: is the mission of Queens Together, a grassroots non-profit that sprung up in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Providing prepared meals and groceries to people facing food insecurity.
- Serving meals to frontline heroes.
- Working with partner organizations to fulfill their food delivery missions.
Queens Together built a full “Last mile” system that addresses unprecedented hunger and harm to local economies, by using their roots in the food business and history of community activism to see issues on the ground and activate solutions that:
- Provide income to food businesses, their workers and others in the community
- Build partnerships with local organizations and volunteer networks
- Deliver meals for people facing food insecurity across Queens
“Our community is experiencing crisis levels of hunger and food insecurity, and in response, we are committed to doing what we do best: provide meals to those who most urgently need them, with love and friendship. This is our craft and passion.” Jonathan Forgash, chef, activist, and Queens Together co-founder.
Queens has been the epicenter of the pandemic with the virus ravaging the vibrant communities that make Queens so special. It is that special sprit in Queens that has allowed an organization like Queens Together to popup overnight and provide relief for those who are hungry, those on the front lines, and those unique independent restaurants. Please share their information and if possible, make a contribution . A donation of $20 can buy produce for families.