ConEdison’s (ConEd) Commercial and Industrial Program helps pay for energy efficiency upgrades to help businesses lower their utility usage and monthly bill. This a perfectly timed program by ConEdison. As businesses struggle with revenue shortfalls and uncertainty resulting from the fallout of the Covid-19 pandemic, cash incentives now to save money in the future could serve as a boon to businesses. Moreover, as the nation strives to reach substantial emission reductions and energy efficiency, the best way to do that is through a mix of carrots and sticks. Typically, New York City leans into the sticks and the carrots are few and far between. It is refreshing to see the city’s power authority offers a wide range of carrots for businesses to take advantage of.
The commercial and industrial energy efficiency program manual is available here.
How to participate:
- Prescriptive Rebate Pathway. Earn cash by installing energy-efficient equipment, including:
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
- Lighting and Lighting Controls
- Custom Rebate Pathway. Custom projects are eligible to receive incentives based on kWh or therms saved.
From now until November 15, 2020 ConEd is offering “Limited-Time Bonus Installation Incentives”. Bonus installation incentives apply to:
- LED Lighting Increased incentives by up to 50%
- VFD incentives Increased incentives by up to 30%
- Steam Trap Repair Cost cap will increase from 70% to 85% of the project cost
- Pipe Insulation Cost cap will increase from 70% to 85% of the project cost
A full list of commercial and industrial bonus incentives can be found here.
Please note, bonus incentives are only available for projects that have not yet been completed. A project is considered complete when the eligible equipment is installed and operational, and the project is ready for post-inspection by ConEdison. For more information and to apply click here.
Leave a Reply