New York City now requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination for a variety of activities for workers and customers such as indoor dining, gyms, and performances. As part of the program NYC created health pass called the “Key to NYC Pass” to provide proof of vaccination. Enforcement begins September 13th.
Some of the highlights of the Key to NYC are:
Vaccination proof for indoor activities such as:
- Indoor dining
- Includes restaurants, catering halls, event spaces, hotel banquet rooms, bars, nightclubs, cafeterias, grocery stores with indoor dining, coffee shops and fast food or quick service with indoor dining
- Indoor fitness
- Includes gyms, fitness centers, fitness classes, pools, indoor studios and dance studios
- Indoor entertainment
- Includes movie theaters, music and concert venues, museums, aquariums and zoos, professional sports arenas, indoor stadiums, convention centers, exhibition halls, performing arts theaters, bowling alleys, arcades, pool and billiard halls, recreational game centers, adult entertainment and indoor play areas
Acceptable proof of vaccination documentation includes:
- CDC Vaccination Card. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable
- NYC Vaccination Record or other official immunization record from within or outside the US, including from your health care provider. A photo or photocopy of this card is also acceptable
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS. You can upload to this app a photo of your CDC vaccination card or other official record, along with your photo ID
- Excelsior Pass (or Excelsior Pass Plus). To use this app, you will need the phone number or email address associated with your NYC vaccination record
Businesses covered by this requirement must check the vaccination status of all staff and customers 12 and older. Anyone 12 and older who has not received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccine may not be permitted, except for allowing customers to use the bathroom or for another reason that will take a small amount of time (about 10 minutes or less). It is advised that businesses develop a written implementation plan that will be available for inspection. This should include how you will check the vaccination status of staff and customers before or immediately after they enter.
Leave a Reply