The Internship to Employment Program connects your business to a recent CUNY alumna/us for an 8-week internship, with the goal of both your business and the intern exploring the potential for a permanent fit at the company. If at the end of the internship your company decide to hire the intern into a permanent position, the business can receive a 24-week wage subsidization to partially cover the new hire’s wages.
- CUNY recruits recent CUNY graduates from a variety of majors.
- Interns are screened and selected through a competitive process and are matched with your business based on your intern job description and skill requirements. Your business will have the opportunity to interview candidates before selecting the intern to hire.
- The 8-week internship period begins January 24, 2022, and ends March 21, 2021.
- Interns will be paid $15/hour for 35 hours of work per week, covered by CUNY and on CUNY payroll.
- At the end of the internship, you will have the option to hire the intern and receive a wage subsidy of $8 per hour for 24 weeks. While hiring is not required, CUNY will give priority to businesses that will consider hiring their interns upon completion of the internship.
If your company would like to recruit for multiple roles that require different skills, please fill out this form for each role so that CUNY can best understand the desired skills for each role. Please ensure that the application includes a detailed job description with desired skills, knowledge, and experience as well as specific job responsibilities.
If there are any questions, contact Beth Spektor, Director of CUNY Internship Programs at email@example.com
Companies in the industrial and manufacturing should also sign on to the EssentialNYC campaign. This initiative sheds light on how a thriving industrial sector is essential to the city’s economy and to the every-day experiences of New Yorkers, including the functioning of NYC’s job market, resiliency, and future as an innovation hub.